Thursday, October 20, 2022

Musk bites the bullet, but so will Twitter's wokeness

The flip side is that I remain cautious about people like Elon Musk and Tulsi Gabbard, both of whom are currently making noises that appeal to conservatives, but neither of whom really has the actions to back up the rhetoric. Musk has, historically, donated more to Democrats than to Republicans, and he continues to ignore the moral implications of investing heavily in China. I'll give him credit, though, for calling out the Democrats as the party of hate and violence. Gabbard, for her part, is a Second Amendment squish who, despite her recent impressive speech declaring that she's leaving the Democrats, seems to be more of an opportunist than someone sincere. Now if she is sincere, if she really is willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of principle, then I'll eat my words. But she needs to be subjected to a high standard of proof. Same goes for Musk, who's going to have to do a lot more, in my opinion, if he is to gain my trust. For Musk, in fact, the standard has to be even higher. He is deeply in bed with China, which is cause for many red flags.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Still, better than having Musk and Gabbard shilling for the left. I actually appreciated that as a Dem candidate for President, Gabbard didn't always adhere to the party line. Of course, that didn't get her the nomination but I respected her honesty even if I didn't agree with her always.