Monday, July 10, 2023

healing on multiple fronts

1. The fever is gone, so I guess that's one benefit of spending most of the weekend flat on your back. Here at the office today, the boss is still talking darkly about COVID since I mentioned that I currently can't taste anything. "Loss of taste is one of the symptoms," he intoned. I shrugged. I've had stuffy noses leading to a loss of taste dozens of times in my life. I have a feeling this will pass, and if it doesn't, well, that's still a positive because I'll be less motivated to eat anything.

2. My toe is healed enough, I think, that I'm totally without bandages today. There's no leakage from the wound anymore, or none that I can see, anyway. A friend wrote in to express concern that the toe's outer skin might have closed over the wound, but from what I'm seeing, there's no fluid buildup happening, so I think the toe's doing fine. I can't think about doing any distance walking right now, though; my weekend in bed sapped my strength, and I still need a bit more bed rest, I think. When I do restart the walking, I'll be sure to take it easy this time and not drop immediately into a 17K routine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.