Friday, August 30, 2024

August 29 & 30 numbers

I guess I forgot to note my numbers for the 29th.

8/29
blood sugar: 137 (down from 142 the day before despite carby leftovers)
blood pressure: 113/68 (systolic is up a bit)
weight: 110 kg
pulse-ox: 97%
pulse: 77 (a bit high)
estimated A1c since 7/29: 6.08 (still moving in the wrong direction!)

And here are my numbers from this morning:

8/30
blood sugar: 131 (after fasting; down from 137 yesterday)
blood pressure: 124/71 (systolic is up a bit)
weight: 110 kg (holding steady)
pulse-ox: 97%
pulse: 73
estimated A1c since 7/29: 6.08 (unmoving, but still in the wrong direction!)

A1c is frustrating, but I expect my numbers to settle down soon. BP is also slightly up; my machine categorizes the classic 120/80 as slightly high (yellow zone), which is also frustrating. Weight is about the only truly reassuring thing right now; even my resting pulse is bothersome since it's not in the 60s. Extended exercise, when I'm finally up to it, will get that back down. Or so I hope. We'll see in the coming weeks as I lengthen my walking distances.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.