Saturday, October 12, 2024

2-do list (so far)

The actual contents of my 2-do list keep changing as I think of more things that need to be on my pre-flight checklist, but here's how things look for the moment:

get a haircut
buy a fast-train ticket for Busan
get Under Armor long-sleeve shirt (for armpit friction & forearm protection)
replace goat's foot on trekking pole
• prep supplements and meds for trip (halfway done)
• give Severance document to local dentist & make appointment for crown
• go in to work Sat (maybe also Sun) and finish STP 10 answer key
• transfer insulin (3 pens) from office to apartment
• walk one more time to Bundang to test Under Armor and new socks (re-tape right foot)
• write "Deadpool and Wolverine" review
• write "The Boys," Season 4 review
• do final equipment prep for the walk
• food spoilage: transfer perishables to office

I overslept today. Heading out to the office in a few minutes. The reviews mentioned above are a very low priority. I might work on them, bit by bit, while I'm on the SRT (super-rapid train) and/or while I'm moteling (motelling?—that's more UK English, isn't it? traveling/travelling, chilies/chillies, etc.) my way to Andong. I just have to remember not to accidentally publish the reviews on my walk blog. Keep different aspects of my life separate.

Here's a pic of that shave and a haircut. I'll have 3 weeks to grow it all back out:

not much hair left, there, buddy

And here are some pics of some misbehavior with carbs from the other day:

What to do when you have leftover tuna and caprese? Buy some rolls and make tuna/caprese sandwiches!

pesto smeared on bread; balsamic drizzled on maters

Final touch: basil. You can't have caprese without mozz, maters, and basil. Good, fresh sandwiches.



2 comments:

  1. Your weight reduction efforts are noticeable in your facials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onward, until I'm as bony and hollow-cheeked as a European supermodel!

      Delete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.