Sunday, November 23, 2014

family tragedy

I'll keep this short: I just learned that the mother of one of my best buddies in the States very suddenly died of a heart attack not even an hour ago. For his family's privacy's sake, I won't elaborate. It's enough to say that I feel the bottom has dropped out of my world, and if that's how I feel, I can only begin to imagine how my friend feels, and how this must be impacting my friend's father, who now finds himself bereft of his life-long companion.


_

5 comments:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I am sorry to hear of this. My condolences to all affected.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks, Jeff. This is a kick in the gut. She was a figure from my childhood-- great cook, smart (she had a PhD), bubbly sense of humor, and obviously a loving wife and mom.

SJHoneywell said...

Sorry to hear it. It's strange how the death of a friend's parents can affect us almost as much as if it were our own parent.

Charles said...

I don't know who the friend is, but I offer my condolences as well.

Kevin Kim said...

Steve and Charles,

Thanks.