Wednesday, November 26, 2014

night hiking

I'm a nocturnal hiker. Here's a selfie from last night (i.e., Tuesday night), when I was on the short path that connects Dongguk University's campus to the main Namsan hiking path. I stood facing a lamp for this shot, hence the harsh lighting conditions. One thing that leaped out at me was how unbelievably old I now look:


I walked 22K steps yesterday. My current average is now over 14K, and I think I'm no longer in any danger of slipping below my October performance. I won't be anywhere near a 15K average by the end of the month, but at least I'll be able to say there was improvement—not to mention room for even more improvement. December awaits.




_

5 comments:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

"One thing that leaped out at me was how unbelievably old I now look."

Compared to what? You should have to see what I have to see every morning when I shave!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

John said...

From what I remember of your visage Kevin you haven't aged a bit!

Kevin Kim said...

John,

Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm currently down to the weight I was at while teaching at Sookmyung from 2005 to 2008. Another, oh, 30 kg to go.

Kevin Kim said...

Jeff,

"You should have to see what I have to see every morning when I shave!"

What, someone young-looking and spry? The face of a man who can tackle a dozen flights of apartment-building stairs without breaking a sweat?

Surprises Aplenty said...

I think Mr Hodges has an ancient mirror with peeling paint and mildew in all the corners. It is hideous looking at that thing and then trying to hold a razor to your throat and keep it steady.