Sunday, July 12, 2020

mini-lasagna

My goal, for the past two weeks, has been to get rid of leftovers. After the lasagna I just made, I had a leftover cheese mix, leftover meatballs, leftover pasta, and some spare salami and pepperoni. So why not buy a bottled tomato sauce and make a mini-lasagna?

The cheese topping might have come out better this time:


I inserted more pasta into the lasagna this time, but when the thing was done baking, I had to figure out how to get it out of its container (would've been a shame to eat it right inside the baking dish without being able to enjoy the sight of a nicely stacked mini-lasagna). I ran a knife around the circumference and turned the baking dish over, resulting in an upside-down lasagna over which I sprinkled some Grana Padano:


Not bad, overall, but if I do this again, I won't bother with strongly flavored meats like salami and pepperoni. The meatballs (which I crumbled) will be enough. I might, in fact, have enough leftover material to make yet another mini-lasagna. If so, I'll do it right this time.



No comments: