Wednesday, September 02, 2020

waiting for the hammer to fall

I keep waiting for Blogger to switch over to the "new Blogger" interface, but it hasn't done so yet. I find myself alternating between (1) blithely taking the current state of affairs for granted and (2) suddenly remembering that my blogging world can be obliterated at any moment by the random plunging of this sword of Damocles, i.e., the changeover to the new Blogger. The change was supposed to happen in August, and it never did. Has Blogger heeded the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the masses? I fervently hope so. I hope Google/Blogger puts out a message saying that the gods have repented of their decision and are revoking the obligatory changeover, keeping it optional for the masochists who love unnecessary innovation.



No comments: