Sunday, September 06, 2020

what gaslighting looks like

Leftist violence? Silly boy—there's no leftist violence going on! It's all righties!

Within the first five minutes of the video below, Tim Pool gives an incredible demonstration of the extent to which the left has hijacked public discourse to push a gaslighting narrative, to wit: the violence on the streets that you've been seeing is all coming from the right. Those of us who rely on alt-media sources know better, of course, but many in the US are still hypnotized by the mainstream media, which is a thoroughly leftist organization.


Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment, often evoking in them cognitive dissonance and other changes, including low self-esteem.
Wikipedia

Hold fast, retain your sanity, and do what you can to push back.

ADDENDUM: more gaslighting here:






1 comment:

John Mac said...

I guess that is what concerns me most--how many people are really believing the BS they are being fed in the MSM? I want to believe the CNN's and WAPO leftists are just preaching to the lefty choir. I suppose it comes down to trusting in the intelligence of regular Americans to know gaslighting when they see/hear it. I have to believe that the media has been so over the top (i.e., mostly peaceful riots) that no thinking person accepts any of the lies as truth.

It was shortly after 9/11 that I discovered alt-media on the internet. Prior to that, I got my news straight from the Washington Post. I was shocked to discover all the things that were NOT being reported. That's where the true bias is found. It's gotten much worse since then.