Friday, September 04, 2020

WordPress is also a possibility

Squarespace has a ton of features, most of which I don't need. I don't want to waste a bunch of time navigating all the bells and whistles, so I'm also looking at good old WordPress as a new home for the Hairy Chasms. WordPress is apparently the most popular blogging platform out there, and there are ".com" and a ".org" versions of the service, with ".org" being the one that allows you to obtain a custom domain on which to run your WordPress blog. So if I go with WordPress instead of Squarespace, and if I get a custom domain (as I would have gotten with Squarespace), I will, as mentioned before, come home to roost at bighominid.com, or maybe bighominid.org. More news soon.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

I've been on WordPress since switching from Blogger way back in 2005. It's all I know, but I don't know much. I'm sure there are features I am clueless about. I know my domain is something I purchased separately and pay to renew annually. Anyway, I have no real complaints with the platform but then, I wouldn't know any better anyway. I'm a classic techno-peasant.