Wednesday, October 11, 2023

final days before the hike

My foot's feeling a lot better despite the nasty blood blister. I'm not taking any painkillers, and I'm walking around just fine, so I'm optimistic that I'll have a more or less normal start to my walk. What happens beyond that, I can't say. Final prep for the hike is minimal: my backpack is 90% prepped. I am, however, busy because I'm serving food to my boss and coworker tomorrow: my cashew yaki udon from a little while back, plus maybe some mini apple pies if I have the time and energy to make them (with cinnamon sugar dusting the outsides!).

Tentative schedule:

Tonight = make pie crust, prep apple-pie filling, prep cashew yaki udon ingredients separately

Tomorrow morning = bake mini-pies, throw together yaki udon except for noodles (keep separate, stir fry in onion oil)

Tomorrow lunch = serve cashew yaki udon & pies

Tomorrow night = bring flatware home; clean apartment; do final walk prep

Friday morning = come to work prepped, w/backpack

Friday evening = depart for Incheon straight from work

Saturday = the walk begins!



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Always busy. Sounds like you've got it together and will be ready to roll. Good luck in the kitchen this morning!