Tuesday, July 02, 2024

the warning

The apartment's finally had it with those of us tenants who store some of our stuff outside our actual apartments. For me, the shelf-like space across the hall from my apartment's front door was just too tempting of a spot to leave my bike, and before I ever put it there, I looked around to see whether any other residents had had the same idea. Many had.

But those days are now over.

I just got a warning that, for safety's sake, items in certain spaces will need to be moved by July 7, or else they'll be disposed of. My boss joked that I should take my bike back inside, then put it out again in a few days. The one thing I'm trying to avoid is storing the bike outside in the weather. Since I live in a studio, though, taking the bike back inside is going to make my tiny space even more cramped. But I guess I have no choice. Maybe I can sell the bike off for cheap, and I can throw in a Presta-valve bike pump for free.


I think the bike is sitting on an A/C-compressor housing.
Cardboard on the left is my neighbor's shit. Styrofoam on the right is mine.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Maybe the boss will let you store it at work...

Kevin Kim said...

My American coworker used to do that; he'd bike to work almost every day, except when it got too snowy.