Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween!

I'm a few years too late, but I'll be watching the horror-comedy "The Cabin in the Woods" tonight. Horror movies just don't do it for me; if their intent is to frighten, they fail miserably at that, and I'm long past the age when such films might give me nightmares. Horror-comedies, on the other hand, are often snide parodies of the horror genre, and I generally love those. So I'll be watching "The Cabin in the Woods" tonight, and later this week, I'll be re-watching (and finally reviewing) "Tucker and Dale Versus Evil," which is a gut-busting subversion of the "college kids meet scary hicks in the woods" subgenre.



1 comment:

SJHoneywell said...

I'm sure I'll comment on your eventual review. The Cabin in the Woods is one of the smartest plays on the horror genre you're ever going to see.