Tuesday, July 07, 2020

fud: eetn

I brought the rest of my pulled pork to work yesterday, along with the coleslaw and some pickles. Everything's gone now. My Korean coworker confessed to having eaten four or five sliders, ignoring the doshirak (a sort of bento-style boxed lunch) he had brought with him.

The plan last night was to make some sauerkraut so I could munch that alongside some kielbasa, but I ended up being too tired to cook. So kraut will be tonight's project, along with creating some pasta dough to roll out Thursday night as part of Friday's lasagna, which I've now promised the crew. I'm just trying to get rid of my leftover spaghetti sauce (which tastes fuckin' fantastic, by the way... as with gumbo, time is definitely an ingredient in spaghetti sauce); I have a tub of it, so why not use the sauce for a good cause, eh?

I also have plans for the liquid left over from my slow-cooking of the pulled pork. It's full of glorious fat, and it seems ripe for making some kind of gravy. To that end, I've bought nearly a kilo of beef with which to make more meatballs—less Italian-style, this time, and more the sort of neutrally flavored meatballs that could go Swedish or could be used in a sweet-sauce preparation. No sweet sauce this time around, though; I'm sticking with pulled-pork gravy. That ought to be interesting. I'm wondering what starch would go best with it. Maybe potatoes... maybe Spätzle...? I've got a huge tub of sour cream, which is an ingredient in Spätzle dough....

Tuesday night: make kraut, fry up kielbasa, buy a chunk of Parm for lasagna
Wednesday night: make gravy & meatballs + maybe Spätzle; make pasta dough and fridge it
Thursday night: roll out pasta dough, create lasagna
Friday morning: bake lasagna, take to work

Expect photos.



No comments: