Saturday, September 02, 2006

postal scrotum: mammaries

In reference to the previous post, the irrepressible Maven of Thought Nuggets writes:

Kevin,

Being a fellow 'burbanite, I can say things must have a regional twist to them. For me, being raised at the beach brought different selections, such as tossing Alka Seltzer to seagulls. Good times:)


Maven

That's one thing I wanted to try as a kid, but never had the chance to. No one in our family ever used Alka Seltzer, and I never got up the gumption to buy any. In northern Virginia, we do get seagulls, especially when the coastal weather is nasty.

Speaking of flying creatures, one neat thing Dr. Steve used to do was throw crabapples into the air at night. Because he was a baseball player, Steve had a far better throwing arm than I've ever had, and he could get some altitude. We did this to attract fruit bats, which would inevitably zoom overhead.


_

No comments: