Monday, September 06, 2010

belabored day

Happy Labor Day to my Yank and Canuck readers.

I'll be completing some laborious projects of my own today, which will bring me to the brink of finishing all the home improvement I've been working on for the past, oh, several months. One project I still haven't completed is the bombing of that hornet-infested bush in our front yard. I'm a bit worried that that might get out of hand if the hornets are allowed to fortify too strongly, so I'll need to bomb soon.

I'm also on the brink of starting a new job as a TOEFL essay rater with ETS (Educational Testing Service: the makers of the SAT, TOEFL, GRE, etc.). I won't be able to blog in any detail about that work, given the nature of the contract I recently e-signed, but I'm sure I can get away with vague generalities. I don't know when, exactly, this job will start, but it had better start soon. I've got debts to pay. Everything is being done through email right now, and ETS seems to dole out its information on a need-to-know basis. I'm expecting an email that will set me up with a rating tutorial; I was already advised in a previous email that this tutorial, when it comes, will be timed, and I'll have until midnight on the day it arrives to complete it and receive a certification. In the meantime, I need to call a certain number to find out specifics such as work schedule and other details.

And that's what I have on tap for today. Exciting, eh?


_

1 comment:

Charles said...

Exciting indeed. Hooray for positive cashflow!