Saturday, July 07, 2012

"your apartment home has been randomly selected..."

A memo I received earlier this week had this to say:

Please be advised that your apartment home has been randomly selected by VHDA for inspection. The Sxxxxxxxxx Cxxxxxx team will enter your home on Thursday July 5th to complete a pre-inspection. On Friday, July 6, 2012 Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) along with the Sxxxxxxxxx Cxxxxxx team will inspect your apartment home that was randomly selected. You do not have to be present for the inspection. Please make sure your apartment is presentable and NO doors are blocked in your apartment home including the laundry rooms.

ALL pets must be confined both days. The inspections will be done on both days between the hours of 10:00am to 3:00pm.

Thank you for your cooperation!

If you have any questions, please contact the Leasing Office at (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

I got "pre-inspected" yesterday, while I was away at work; since I'm off today, I'm now waiting for the arrival of the VHDA team (plus my apartment's own team) to barge in and sniff around.

A few things strike me about the above memo. First is the hatred of commas. Second is the phrase "apartment home," which sounds like an expression churned out by somebody's marketing department. Let's cut the bullshit and drop the "home," shall we?


_

2 comments:

Nathan B. said...

I hope it's legitimate and not a scam.

John said...

Home is where the fart is, or so I've been told.