Friday, June 13, 2014

sleep still

Thanks to my ongoing neck problem, I'm trying to train myself to sleep on my back, without tossing and turning. Sleeping on either side, or on my front, is painful. Sleeping on my back is also painful, but less so, and if I position my head just right on my stack of pillows, I can almost pretend there's no pain at all.

It's Friday the 13th. I'll probably visit the clinic again later today to see what the doc has to say about my pain. The pills he'd prescribed were pretty much worthless, and I plan to tell him that. As I mentioned earlier, the best solution for me is probably a jacuzzi and a nice massage.

Then again, I might not even need the doc: I like the chemical-heat pads, which I use at night, and I can buy those myself without a prescription. So I might just visit a pharmacy instead of trekking all the way to that clinic.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to practice sleeping as still as possible.


_

No comments: