Friday, December 18, 2015

"Star Wars" twice in one weekend

On Saturday, I'll be going out to see "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" with Ligament after I'm done with my Saturday class at KMA in Yeouido. The very next day, I'm going out to see the movie again, but this time with my buddy Tom and his friend Angelo. I had originally wanted Ligament to join me and Tom, but Tom had snagged only three gift certificates, and he'd immediately recruited Angelo. So it goes: the politics of friendship.

I've been avoiding the rumor sites, so I have almost no idea what I'm going to be seeing, but the movie has garnered wide praise on both Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. One snarky tweeter that I follow, Sam Kalidi, claims the new movie is merely a reboot of the original 1977 film. I hope that's not the case, but it won't surprise me if this film, too, ends with the explosion of some large and nefarious installation. That seems to be as much a trope of the Star Wars franchise as having a mole in CTU is for "24."

Ought to be a good weekend.


_

2 comments:

John (I'm not a robot) said...

Who is Luke's father?

Kevin Kim said...

I thought "The Empire Strikes Back" made it clear that Luke's father was Jesus. Hence all the "NOOOO!!! NOOOO!!!" stuff.