Monday, December 26, 2016

like tears in rain

I quickly ducked back into Twitter for just one thing: I wanted to rescue my "favorited" tweets. Unlike almost everybody else, I only ever used the "like/favorite" button to highlight my own tweets—some one-liner I'd been especially proud of, some short poem that had made me giggle even after several rereadings. Those favorited tweets were the only thing I had on Twitter that could possibly be worth saving... but when I re-signed on just now, I quickly discovered that my "favorites" list had disappeared. Those bastards at Twitter took the one thing that had any meaning for me. And now all those moments will be lost in time...




4 comments:

TheBigHenry said...

Kevin,

A handy way of archiving (and/or favoriting) a web page is via https://getpocket.com.

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks, but it's too late to apply that to my tweets, which have all disappeared, alas. I'll keep this for future reference, though.

Charles said...

It's all dust in the wind anyway. Let go of your attachments.

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

Yes, I suppose I have no choice.