Sunday, July 05, 2020

burger buns

I may have found a new YouTube chef to follow: Ethan Chlebowski. I'm not thrilled by his over-serious intonation when he's narrating his videos, but the guy seems to know what he's doing. Below is a video in which he demonstrates how to make brioche-style burger buns. You'll immediately note that his bread comes out looking more like standard store-bought buns without being quite as pretentiously brioche-y as regular brioche buns.* As Chlebowski explains in this video, he uses significantly less butter than is normally used for brioche dough, which explains the difference in the buns' look.


As for me, I may be making lasagna, this week, with the massive amount of red sauce I have left over from the paroxysm of cooking I did a week ago, so I've bought another 2.5-kilo bag of flour and will be making flat sheets of pasta soon.

Oh, yeah: I do have some food pics from this past July Fourth potluck-style fête over at my boss's (rather palatial) apartment. Expect to see those up sometime in the next 24-36 hours. Meanwhile, enjoy Ethan Chlebowski's video.



*My opinion on brioche is here.



No comments: