Friday, July 03, 2020

this joke works if you know Korean

I just learned a new vocabulary word, and it sounds like a combination of two already-known vocabulary words. That's how this lame, stupid joke came to be. At least it made my Korean coworker laugh. Briefly.


Highlight the space between the brackets to see an explanation of the awful joke:

[In Korean, a cutting board is called a doma ("doh-mah"). A snake, meanwhile, is a baem. I recently learned the word for "lizard," which is domabaem. So there you go: the genesis of my awful joke. Hopefully, you find it so stupid that its very stupidity is what's funny.]



2 comments:

Charles said...

I'm kind of surprised to hear that you just learned this. Although I suppose it's not a super common word.

Kevin Kim said...

My ignorance is boundless.