Friday, March 25, 2022

material things

I had ordered a few things from various online sources, and those items have been trickling in over the past few days. My pork rinds came in, then my Dutch oven arrived. Finally, just today, my new Merrell shoes got here, and I'll be wearing them in the rain tonight as I do a nice, wet walk. Some photos of the Dutch oven and the shoes:



The Dutch oven is too big to fit into my tiny oven, so I'll be confined to using it on a stovetop, but that's okay. It's enamel-covered cast iron, which means great heat distribution. This probably also means I shouldn't use it with my electric range but should only use it with the gas range: it's big enough to get hot and melt parts of the electric range if I'm not careful. 

As for the shoes... I'll have to get back to you about how they do. I'm normally a New Balance kind of guy; Merrell is new to me, and I'll be putting the shoes through their paces (no pun intended) tonight. More soon.



No comments: