Thursday, February 16, 2023

first walk in a while

I walked home for the first time since last November. My left heel held up fine; I think the plantar fasciitis has had more than enough time to disappear. My right toe didn't bleed any more than usual, but everything I've read about diabetic abscesses screams that you're supposed to keep weight off the abscess wound if you want it to heal, so technically, I still shouldn't be walking. Nevertheless, walking felt good, but I can tell I'm thoroughly de-trained. It'll take maybe a month of intensive activity for me to get back up to decent levels, cardio-wise. That'll happen later this year, after the toe heals.

Wednesday evening's walk took me along Yangjae Creek to the junction with Tan Creek. I turned right and headed along the Tan to the usual up-ramp that takes me to a higher parallel path. After a few minutes on the higher path, I crossed my old friend Mr. Footbridge and made my way along Gaepo Street to my apartment building. By not taking a taxi or the subway home, I didn't have to wear a mask, which was also very nice.

I can't say that I'll be walking regularly, but it's time to start reincorporating more cardio into my daily existence. I've sat around enough.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a good start. Hope there are no setbacks, but take it one step at a time. *ahem*