Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a song for our country?

Eric Clapton, by way of Syreeta Wright:

I'M GOING LEFT

[Chorus:]
(Well) I'm goin' left
'Til you lead me to the right
Lead me to what is right
I'm goin' left
'Til you lead me to the right
Lead me to what is right

There's a train
People say
I can ride to get my whole life straight
But the bridge
On the way
Has a toll too much for me to pay
Yes I know
This must be
What I choose could be my destiny
Lights are green
All is go
But my heart keeps telling my mind no

[Chorus]

There's a land
Over there
Where all are given equal share
What you get
Is so small
It's like never havin' nothing at all
Take my hand
As a friend
I will stick with you until the end
But I'm in doubt
I must decline
Even friends can change their mind

[Chorus]


_

No comments: