Thursday, April 10, 2014

thurrapy redux

I timed it today: therapy takes the better part of an hour. I got to the clinic at 5:55PM, about fifteen minutes before the closing of the doors. Once again, therapy came in three phases: slow-cook the hip joint with a heating pad, electro-suck the hip with the desperate octopus (shocktopus?), then give my hip joint the lubed-up sensual massage. Still no range-of-motion exercises or anything resembling my Westerner's notion of true physical therapy. As before, I left the clinic feeling pretty much unchanged. "Give it time," say my commenters. Yeah, yeah. Just gimme meds, I say in return.

I left the clinic around 6:45PM. Cost of this visit: W4400, or exactly $4, US.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the procedures for physical therapy in Korea are the same regardless of city although they often eschew the lubed-up sensual massage at my place for no apparent reason. (I wonder if the sanitary conditions are the same. Have you ever seen them wash the sponges on the inside of the suction cups? I doubt the sponges at my place have ever been washed.) The disappointment is the same as well. A friend told me it makes a difference in the long run, but in the meantime, I'm doing all the rehab on my own.

Hope your hip starts feeling better.