Friday, June 17, 2016

a long walk, then some short beer

The illustrious John McCrarey (about to jet off to the Philippines) had the grand idea of aiming for a weekly step goal. He set his goal at 100,000 steps per week, most of which he does on weekends. He also routinely surpasses that goal by at least 20%. I should probably set a similar goal, but it may be too late for me, as there are now some days on which I simply walk up my building's staircase instead of doing a four- or five-hour-long walk. This week, I think I did more stair-ing than creek-walking. My step count is abysmally low, so as I said, it's probably too late for me to set a weekly step goal.

Tonight, I'll be going for 30K steps and over 30 staircases. We'll see how that works out. After that, I'll slog back to my apartment, open the fridge, wearily grab a stubby little bottle of Bundaberg ginger wargs (think: giant, red-furred wolves), and enjoy earthly bliss.


_

2 comments:

Surprises Aplenty said...

Our sleep cycles are just about opposite so I don't know if this would help you, but last year when I was dedicated to running, I would get up at 4:30 to get a run in before it got hot. I recommend it.

Kevin Kim said...

You're right—that's not gonna work for me. I hate getting up at any single-digit hour.