Tuesday, April 03, 2018

and this is why I listen to Styx

You just don't find this level and quality of political commentary outside the alt-media. Oh, and Styx does a hilarious Bernie Sanders impression:


I know that many of you readers who don't share my political leanings normally skip the Styx videos. Obviously, I can't force you to do what you don't want to do, but I would humbly—yet strongly—recommend that you watch at least the first few minutes of the Styx vids I slap up on the blog. Styx usually makes all of his main points within five minutes, so you don't have to sit through fifteen minutes of scrawny pecs, weasel teeth, Hirohito glasses, and estrogen-sparse chest hair. But do listen to the content because Styx's angle of approach is nothing like the bullshit you're being fed by CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, the WaPo, the HuffPo, the NYT, or any other major news organization. What you're getting, when you listen to Styx, is lesson after brute lesson in human psychology, and over the past year, I've come to realize how little of that psychology I understand. For me, Styx, plus a strong dose of Scott Adams, makes for a bracing draught of reality, and I think I'm one of those people who need to be red-pilled constantly, not just once. Because it's easy to backslide.



3 comments:

King Baeksu said...

Styx is strong on domestic American politics but less so on Northeast Asian geopolitics. On Twitter, I called out both him and Stefan Molyneux for repeating bellicose, neocon talking points on North Korea, and after some large accounts retweeted me they both blocked me. So much for "free speech," which they both claim to uphold.

I note they both skipped covering Kim Jong-un's visit to China, which was certainly major news. I was correct last year in predicting that there would be no conflict on the Korean Peninsula, so perhaps they have been humbled enough to recognize that North Korea may be outside their realm of expertise.

Kevin Kim said...

Styx blocked you? That's very odd. I'm not surprised about Molyneux, who often comes off as an irascible, breathless drama queen from the William Shatner school of acting (I have, in fact, stopped following his YouTube channel), but Styx? That's just weird.

Although I think he's even less knowledgeable about East Asian geopolitics than Styx or Molyneux, I've found that Scott Adams seems to get the psychology of the region correct. He, too, was predicting that Trump's blustery, scrote-waving approach ("bigger button") would bear fruit, and that there'd be no violence or conflict in the Koreas.

I suspect that, for true widespread conflict to flare up on the peninsula, there'd need to be a sudden, violent, and quite massive escalation of both rhetoric* and military movement, and I just don't see that happening, even if North-South relations do temporarily worsen at the superficial level.

__________

*North Korea's rhetoric has been turned up to 11 for so long (e.g., turning the US into a sea of fire) that it'd be hard to know what an escalation in rhetoric would look like.

King Baeksu said...

Scott Adams is good on the PsyOps aspect of dealing with the North.

He actually liked one of my tweets on the Xi-Kim meeting. I do think people in the White House pay attention to what he says.