Thursday, March 03, 2022

Joerg Sprave on the wartime situation in Germany:
we need gun rights!

Joerg Sprave of The Slingshot Channel normally vlogs jovially about his latest invention to "kill zombies" (I'm pretty sure that's a euphemism), but now that Russia has invaded Ukraine, he has declared himself fully pro-Ukraine, and in the following clip (which I've cued to start at 18:31—before that, his entire spiel is in German), he talks about the need for Germans to be able to own guns in case Russia should suddenly have designs on Germany. Note the thumbnail's title: "Jetzt: Scharfe Waffe für JEDEN Deutschen!", i.e., "Now: Sharp Weapons for EVERY German!" My German is horrible, and I suspect "sharp weapons" is not the best translation, but he's probably saying something like "effective weapons." Here's Joerg:

Joerg has talked about firearms ownership in Germany before; it IS possible to own a firearm, but Germany places all sorts of onerous restrictions on gun owners. Joerg has traveled to the UK (where he did a show) and America (where he's tried out bows and rifles), and I suspect he's pro-Second Amendment at heart, even though he's generally a peace-loving fellow. I wrote him a comment, once, before my country went crazy, saying he'd be absolutely welcome in America. No response, but I didn't expect one: Joerg's extremely popular, and each of his videos gets thousands of comments. I wish him luck in his campaign to get guns in the hands of fellow Germans (if that doesn't sound too sinister to non-Germans).

Just noticed on YouTube that the title listed below Joerg's video is "Zu den Waffen! Es gibt Krieg!" or "To arms! It's war!"




No comments: