Saturday, March 30, 2024

meeting friends at 6 p.m. today

I'm stepping out to California Kitchen this evening to meet with my buddies Charles (needs to update his site to https!) and Tom. So it's burgers, fries, craft beer, and God-knows-what-else on tap for dinner. While I didn't quite fast yesterday, I ate very little in preparation for today, and today thus far, I've had no more than a glass of milk.

I'd like to say that I'll be able to show off some fantastic increases in health and fitness when I meet my buds this evening, but my recent bout of COVID totally threw off my stairs-training rhythm, forcing me to rest and not work out (despite promises to do so). And I'm still feeling there's something wrong with my breathing: I'm easily short of breath, and not just because of several weeks' detraining. It's odd and feels wrong. That said, I'm going to start the stairs (and distance walking, and exercising-at-home) again this coming week—modestly at first, then more aggressively. April is likely going to be a thirty-day project, like January was. My goal is still to be doing three staircases in a row by the beginning of July. The weather's a lot warmer now, though, so this is going to become a sweaty endeavor.

Anyway, that's the future. I'm currently busy with finishing up several projects, then I have a meeting later in April with that hiking couple, so there's no lack of things to do. For the moment, I'm baking up what I hope will be successful keto "bagels," which I might foist upon my friends, and I'm meeting those friends this evening. A good time will be had by all. Or so we hope, Precious.



2 comments:

John Mac said...

Craft beer may be on the menu, but I have reason to doubt you indulged. Hopefully, Tom and Charles picked up the slack.

Sorry to hear about the breathing issues. I know from recent experience how much that sucks. Hopefully, it clears up soon.

Good luck with your ambitious goals for April. It will be good to have you back out on the road. I don't envy you the stair work, but I'm sure the dividends will make it worthwhile.

Kevin Kim said...

Yeah, I stuck with my usual Coke.

As for breathing: we'll see how things go early tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the well-wishes.