Thursday, March 21, 2024

President Shambles: 55 minutes in

Biden's been rambling on about this and that remembrance... then he mentions that he once embarrassed the "leader of Mongolia."

[0:55:44.6]

PRESIDENT BIDEN: by two feet, and there's great pictures of all kinds of different things. And so I have them hanging on the walls all over the downstairs, the television room, and some in the library, because they -you know, they tell stories like I . . . You know, I went to Mongolia and, and great pictures. I, unfortunately, embarrassed the hell out of the leader of Mongolia. They were showing -- they were doing a -- what they would do at the time of the invasion of the Mongols into Europe in the 14 -- in the 800s. And they -- and then show what a normal day was, or how they, how they bivouac. And so we're out in the middle of nowhere and they're looking up on the hill, and we see this tiny line. You know, it's a 20-mile horse race with all these kids under the age of 16 on bareback racing to come down. And you know, there are sumo wrestlers doin' everything they doAnd so they walked over and they had a target with bales of hay a hundred yards away, and these guerrillas wereyou know, taking shots. And I think -- I don't know if it was to embarrass me or to make a point, but I get handed the bow and arrow. I'm not a bad archer. But (indiscernible 0:57:12.9) where I can pull it back, so I -- and pure luck, I hit the goddamn target.


(Laughter)

I looked up the Mongol invasion of Europe. It happened from the 1220s to the 1240s, not the 800s or the 1400s. This is also not necessarily a tragic thing. People, when they talk history, often mess up by a few centuries, and no one really cares except actual historians.



No comments: