Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kevin and makeup(s)

I was asked a few days ago to teach makeup classes for freshmen who cannot fulfill the "under five absences to pass" requirement. The class will last about two hours and twenty minutes, and will count as two days' attendance for the students. The date for this class has yet to be determined. Sometime in February, I guess.

On top of that, I was just informed today (yes, Sunday) that I will have to teach extra classes Monday through Wednesday, from 1:30 to 2:55pm, because the actual teacher (someone from across campus) won't be able to make it over to our side until Thursday. According to my supervisor, that teacher had told his/her managers about the situation well in advance, but apparently the news did not travel from their department to ours.

Because I am currently teaching slightly under the minimum number of contracted monthly hours (72 hours is the minimum), these makeup classes will, in all likelihood, be counted as "makeup hours," i.e., there will be no pay.

Woo-hoo!


_

No comments: