Thursday, February 19, 2015

process and product:
a Lunar New Year's post

I kick off the lunar new year by making you drool.

Here, in seventeen images, I've tried to capture the process of making yesterday's delectable choucroute alsacienne. Hover your cursor over the images to see the captions. If you're viewing this post on a smart phone, then I'm sorry, but you won't be able to see the title text. All the images have a width of 300 pixels, so there will be no "click to enlarge" here. (The original images were 2300 pixels wide.)


















Damn—that sauerkraut recipe is a keeper. And it's so, so easy to make.

Happy Lunar New Year! You can't imagine how ecstatic I am that I'm once again able to cook.



_

3 comments:

John (I'm not a robot) said...

The picture with you holding a beer was worth the trip!

It's good to see you back in the kitchen.

Anne in Rockwall, TX said...

Okay definitely going to try this over the weekend, it looks too good to resist. And now that you can cook, we're expecting lots more posts just like this one.

Add some wider shots of your cook and prep areas too. I'd love to see some of your adaptations to space that still allow you to put out such luciousness.

Also, I am not a robot.

Kevin Kim said...

Annie, I'll give you one wide shot of my kitchenette. In this studio, like the one I had down in Hayang last year, there's almost no room to do anything, which is kind of depressing. Chopping food on a cutting board usually means balancing the board precariously on the edge of the sink. For this reason, I'm not normally inclined to show off my kitchen: there's really nothing to see. But I'll put up one photo soon. Just for you.

(I might run over to Costco and buy a $35 folding table made of heavy plastic, just to give myself more room to maneuver.)