Thursday, February 26, 2015

the bed is on its way

I had spoken with Wi Mae Peu's customer service yesterday about why it was taking so damn long for my bed to arrive. Overall, I'm not impressed with WMP's performance when it comes to deliveries, and I'm beginning to wonder how worthwhile it is to order items when there's so much inconvenience involved.

Anyway, WMP's service rep told me, with apologies, that the bed would arrive sometime next week. This morning, however, I got a call from a truck driver who told me he'd be delivering the bed today—this evening. So that's good, I suppose. Fucking finally.

Alas, the truck driver also noted that there'd be a W25,000 delivery fee. I had thought my bed was listed on the site as being "free delivery," so I called customer service again just a few minutes ago to see what was up. Turns out the fee was there the whole time; I had blithely misread the "mu ija" ("interest-free") tag as the "muryo baesong" ("free delivery") tag that normally sits in the upper-right corner of the entry for any given item. When I looked at the beds catalogue again, I saw the tags clearly this time around. Sure enough: mu ija.

In any event, yesterday's phone call must have lit a fire under someone's ass because my bed is coming today. So tonight, at long last, I'll be able to sleep in relative comfort after three weeks spent on the goddamn floor.


_

5 comments:

John (I'm not a robot) said...

Here's hoping the bed comes with all the requisite parts for assembly...

Charles said...

And here's hoping there's no dead hooker inside...

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

That's about the only kind of woman who'll let me get on top of her.

John,

Yes, that is also my fervent hope.

Charles said...

K,

Who says you have to be on top?

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

This is true. I could always use a dead hooker as a blanket.