Saturday, December 03, 2005

nun-i on-da!

It's snowing! I just got back from dinner with my best Korean buddy and his wife. We were all delighted to see the snow coming down. A careful drive back to the Smoo area, and I'm at my place. I was glad to see my friends one last time before shoving off to the States. Still can't get over it: my first visit back in two years. I've never gone that long without an America fix before.

My flight is at 2:20PM tomorrow, which gives me plenty of time to prepare. I'll even have the luxury of sleeping in late. Have to be at the airport around noonish, which means leaving my place around 10-ish (sorry; just thinking out loud). Have to stop by Smoo for a private errand before leaving... I think there won't be any problem. The snow makes everything a bit slower (at least in theory; Korean bus drivers have a tenuous grip on sanity, coming from the same heedless stock as American fighter pilots), so I might have to leave a mite earlier.

This is revolutionary: I've never before had the luxury of leaving Korea at such a late hour. In the past, my flights to Japan have been scheduled for 10AM departures, which means arriving at the airport at 8AM, which in turn means waking up around 6:00 and being out the door by 6:45AM.

As you might have guessed, I'm excited about the whole thing. This'll be my last post in Korea for a few weeks; when I sign on again, I'll be back in the land of the fat ass, where at least I'll blend in a bit better.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what to eat while you're home, so I'll just tell you to have a good one!

Jelly said...

Hey Kevin, I wish you a safe trip to the airport in the snow, which will probably be melted in the morn. Safe flight home, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Check back on my site for gift ideas for me!! Ha ha!