Monday, February 13, 2006

the Dadso: arriving soon at a Seoul near you

Dad's been flying to Korea on Uncle Sam's dime, but it's taking a while. If I'm not mistaken, he left DC on Saturday, and won't be arriving in Osan until, I conjecture, early or mid-Tuesday. I may have to go down and get him, or the military'll show him how best to travel up to Seoul.

This morning (Monday), I got an email from my brother David saying that Dad was in Hawaii, and would be waiting about 14 hours before taking a direct hop from Hawaii to Korea. I have no clue how long it takes your typical military transport plane to fly that distance, but if the email arrived around 8AM, and I'm typing this at 11PM... Dad should've left Hawaii about an hour ago, and should in theory be on his way. So, yeah-- Dad'll be here Tuesday morning, maybe in Seoul by the afternoon. I finish teaching at 3:40PM, and imagine I'll hook up with Dad sometime soon after that.

Dad's here on business, I guess you could say. On behalf of my mother's Korean-American women's society, Dad is supposed to take pictures (or is it video?) of a certain school for orphans. The footage is then to be edited into a larger presentation by the women's society, explaining what sorts of things the society is funding. Dad'll be here for a few days, maybe even a week, then head on back. It'll be great to have him over. Maybe this time he won't choose the expensive accommodations, eh? I'm prepping my humble abode for him.


_

No comments: