Wednesday, September 19, 2012

proofing and training

Today's already been a long work day, and I won't finish it until 9:30 this evening. I started proofreading at 9:30AM, stopped around 12:30PM, then started working on a self-paced workshop that YB says I need to take in order to be able to teach college application essay-writing to my YB seniors. I have to attend a one-hour "webinar" this coming Thursday as well.

Working from home is a two-edged sword. On the one hand, it's great that I can telecommute: just flop out of bed, walk ten feet, and I'm at my work station. On the other hand, working from home means that YB can reach into my private life and call me up for duty. Being "on call" is something I associate more with firefighters and medical personnel, not with teachers.

But such is life. If'n Ah wants da money, Ah gots ta be awn cawl.


_

1 comment:

Charles said...

I was once on call as a translator... not nearly as exciting as it sounds.