Tuesday, September 19, 2023

ageism, funny and not-so-funny

Here's Jimmy Kim in Pattaya, joking about all the senior citizens he sees running around with young girls. (You know the attraction is to the money!)

And here's Paul Chato, ranting about the "Ahsoka" fans who attacked him for his review, mainly by calling him an old, irrelevant fart. Chato has some choice words for these people:

I suppose ageism is funnier when you're young and unable to believe that, one day, you'll be one of the old ones shaking your fist at a cloud and shouting incoherently. I remember being a teen and staring in the mirror at myself, wondering what it'd be like to be thirty. 

Ah, the innocence of youth. Little did I know what time and gravity had in store.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

What!? The women are attracted to the money, not me!? No way! They tell me I'm gwapo!

I was just thinking last night about the journey that has led me to old age. What a long, strange trip it's been. I'm grateful I'm not dead. (Are you old enough to get that punny reference?) But yeah, I can relate to Clint Eastwood's character in "Gran Torino" more than ever. Hell, Eastwood is the hero for all of us old farts.