Sunday, September 24, 2023

what I wrote about Russell Brand

An Instapundit comment I wrote a few days ago about Russell Brand:

I don't give two shits about how libertine Brand was in his early days: (1) it's all in the past, and (2) I'm pretty libertarian about how people handle their private lives.

While I wouldn't call Brand an out-and-out rightie now, he's certainly changed his tune in some ways. He does, however, still have a tendency to reference postmodernist "philosophers" like Jean Baudrillard even now, and with postmodernism so intimately tied to Marxism/leftism, this makes me a bit circumspect about Brand's attempt to marry his original woo-woo philo-hippie sensibilities with this new, seemingly rightward lean in recent years.

So while I like a lot of what the New Russell Brand has been saying ever since he became a YouTube personality, I do view him with some caution—caution that has nothing to do with the recent accusations, all of which I find hard to take seriously.

I suspect the women making these accusations are going to end up either Amber Hearded or Christine Blasey Forded. It won't end well for them, and they'll spend years rethinking whether it was worth it to cry for attention in this way. Especially if Brand focuses his considerable mental and financial energies on suing them. Which he absolutely should.



No comments: