Saturday, March 09, 2024

Political Compass survey results

I somehow crept back closer to centrism! What's wrong with me? The last time I took this survey was in 2019, just barely pre-pandemic, I think. I do this survey once every few years, and for the past few times I'd taken it, my results had been slowly creeping rightward. So what on earth happened?! I must leap out a window at once! (I'm still fourth-quadrant, though.)

My results:

Remarks on China and North Korea:

The part highlighted in blue is pretty much what I said in my previous post.

How some other countries figure on the graph (Anglosphere conspicuously absent):

See how close China and North Korea are?

There's no objective way to measure where one is on any political spectrum, but this survey from Australia has always seemed intuitively right to me. It's been a few years, and I sense that some of the questions on the survey have been changed to fit more with the current times, but I'm not equipped to offer a professional critique of the questions.

Anyway, the results are what they are. Here you go.

You can take the survey here.



No comments: