Saturday, May 20, 2017

Kevin's Pie: officially dead

It happened during my absence, but it happened. Kevin's Pie succumbed to the inevitable and died a quiet, ignoble death. One look at the scatterbrained lady running the place, and I knew it was only a matter of time. True, the place lasted (or should I say "lingered"?) about twice as long as I'd thought it would, but its demise was written on its face pretty much from Day One. Contrast this with Gino's pizzeria in Itaewon, which is still going strong after a year and a half because those guys know what they're doing. As I learned in my walk: having a plan is much better than not having a plan. Blindly jumping into the unknown is often a good way to waste time and money, and maybe even to ruin your life.

So have a plan. Having a plan doesn't make you inflexible. Quite the contrary: it gives you a framework from which to be flexible.