Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Walk Thoughts #198: minimalism

Over the next four days, it'll be me, my broken cell phone, and my portable charger. To save battery power, I won't be taking many pictures or doing any lengthy blogging. At the end of that period, I'll be spending two nights in a motel, so I'll catch you up on thoughts and details at that point. Never fear: photos of my campsite and camp cooking will appear on schedule.

Oh, yeah: some pedometer stats from yesterday:

425 minutes walked
40,329 steps (95 steps/min)
18.8 miles walked
3231 calories burned (maybe 2800 net)

2 comments:

brier said...

It is really amazing how good the weather has been for your walk (besides yesterday's rain).

It is enjoyable following your thoughts and pictures, but a map for us visual readers would help. Any chance of putting up a map for the walk thoughts legs?

Kevin Kim said...

It'd be difficult to set that up now, while on the trail and using a cell phone. I had thought about pinging my location, but having already tried that a few times and having gotten zero commenter reactions, I didn't think it was worth pursuing. Most likely, I'll put up a map after I'm back from the walk, but in the meantime, my very first Walk Thoughts post (I think it's the first) contains a route map, which I've been following pretty faithfully.

It's sunny right now. The day started cloudy, and it rained for about a minute during the early afternoon. The weather has indeed been great. Unreal, even.