Thursday, April 14, 2016

It's Only for 14 Days: Day 13 of 14

WEIGHT: 125.8 kg (scale was all over the place, so this is just a guess)

APPROX. RESTING PULSE: 81 (20-sec calc method). Yeah... yesterday was likely a fluke, despite my having counted twice. I have noticed, however, that it's not wise to take a pulse even a half-hour after exercising: my body is still in the cool-down period, so my heart continues to beat fast. I've found that it's also not necessarily good to get a pulse right after eating, for some reason. Maybe it's the sodium...?

BLURRY VISION: none.

SKIN: as before.

CHEST PAIN: nada.

MENTAL STATE: mostly alert and focused; emotionally stable. So alert and focused today that I did, in one business day, a task that normally takes me 1.5 business days.

GENERAL WELL-BEING: Overall positive. I'm not exercising (walking) tonight because I've got to prep for tomorrow's résumé-writing clinic over at Seoul National. I've got most of the prep done, but creating an animated PowerPoint presentation takes me a million years, mainly because I've become the thing I've dreaded: a confused, technology-averse old fart. Once I figure a technique out, I usually get slightly faster at it, but overall, I'm still a slowpoke. So I'll be working until very late tonight to finish my prep. I need every available hour for this. If, by some miracle, I have spare time late in the night, I might do a nighttime walk.

One more day!

End report.



_

No comments: