Thursday, July 02, 2020

go figure

It's July, so Blogger's rollover to the "new Blogger" format should have happened. We had been promised that the new Blogger would be the default interface starting at the end of June, but I'm still using the good old "legacy" interface and seeing the "Try the New Blogger!" button at the bottom of the left-hand margin of my Blogger.com input/edit window. Go figure. Anyway, if this means I don't have to do anything and can just keep on blogging the way I normally do, then great! That's what I plan to do. My thanks to Blogger for keeping the legacy option open for us old-school curmudgeons who hate and fear change... especially when that "change" means moving to a decidedly inferior interface.

My advice to Blogger: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't change things merely for change's sake. That's a stupid waste of time, money, and effort.



No comments: