Monday, December 28, 2020

server issues

Well, I'm back early from my reconnoiter out on South Korea's east coast.  I'll be talking about why this happened over at the Kevin's Walk 5 blog, so take a gander over there in the next day or so.  Right now, though, I'm dealing with server-related problems:  Blogger isn't allowing me to upload images stored on my phone, and I don't know why.  This problem started late last week, and I was hoping it was only temporary, but it's continued up to now, and I'm starting to get pissed off.

The procedure to upload an image is several steps long:

1. Hit the "upload image" icon on the toolbar of the Blogger edit window.
2. Click "Upload from computer."
3. Click "Choose files."
4. On your Android phone, click "Documents."
5. Click "Gallery."
6. Click the folder in which your photo is located.
7. Click the photo you want to upload.

At that point, the photo ought to upload, but what's now happening is that I get an "X" of rejection, plus the message "Upload failed—server rejected."  I can only assume this is Blogger's own server that's rejecting the upload.  I'm about to find out whether this problem has also affected my desktop.

Here goes:

Well... the problem doesn't seem to have affected my computer, which makes me wonder whether this really is a problem with Blogger's own server.

On a practical level, this means that, in order for me to upload photos from my east-coast walk, I need to transfer all my files to my laptop or to Google Drive, then upload to my blog from there.  A pain in the ass, that, but what's a man to do?

Stay tuned.  I doubt I'm the only person experiencing the "server rejected" problem, so I'll see what I can find out about this problem through online research.  More soon.



No comments: