Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Step 1: done

Well... I just wired $2500 to my US account. I've already auto-scheduled my Navient and credit-card payments, so those will begin processing on the 18th.  I don't expect to see changes in either balance until about next Tuesday, so it'll be a few days before I start celebrating.  In the meantime, I need to plot out a four-day walk along the east-coast trail.  Weather permitting, I'll walk the first four legs of what will ultimately be a 720-kilometer hike down the east coast to Busan.  This hike is merely a reconnoiter, so if the weather goes sour, I'll cut the walk short and go home right away.  No need to risk my neck unnecessarily.




2 comments:

Daniel said...

Congrats on paying the debt down to zero. Been crazy with exams and whatnot the past few weeks, and was therefore merely lurking. Actually traveled up to Uljin along the coast last weekend (by car, of course). Trail looks lovely but hilly in some places, as well as being very damp and windy at night (compared with the interior of the country). Lots of pensions along the coast, so no worries about accommodation. (I stayed in a place called 아늑펜션 in 부구 next to the nuclear power plant. Best carrot cake I've had outside of Seoul in the attached cafe.) Definitely would not recommend a longish winter walk (in excess of three days) but the views are simply stunning. Quiet as can be this time of year too. Keep us updated on planning!

Kevin Kim said...

I'll be cranking up a Kevin's Walk 5 blog soon. Stay tuned!