Thursday, January 27, 2022

bad news, but not horrible

I finally used my new Withings Body Digital WiFi Smart Scale, Body Plus version, after days of hesitation, and I see I'm at 109 kg. That represents an 8- or 9-kilo gain from my minimum, which was around 100.5 or 101 kg. I'm tightening my belt two holes past where I'd normally tighten it, so I'd estimate that each inch of belt (belt holes are traditionally an inch apart) represents about 4 kg of weight gain. So I really did a number on myself during the final two weeks of December. I'm assuming I was even heavier than 109 kg in the weeks before I ordered and used the scale, but I've been behaving better since the start of January. Still on track for 90 kg by summertime. Check in with me this July.

Heart rate last night was 68. Staircase training gets the credit.



1 comment:

Daniel said...

68 is an amazingly good resting heart rate. No problems in the cardio department, from the sounds of it. I'd aim for 100kg by cherry blossom season and 95 or 90kg by the time the beaches start filling up (since the latter stages are always tougher). Maybe half a kilo a week? Entirely doable