Monday, January 24, 2022

I've started writing my homeschooling book

I have the intro plus the first two chapters of my homeschooling book written, and I've given myself until the end of March to complete the manuscript, which will be ten chapters total. The book isn't meant to be large, and I plan to sell it online via Amazon for about $1.99 per copy. With an Amazon royalty rate of 60-70%, I'll be earning about $1.20 to $1.40 per copy sold. While I seriously doubt this will make me a millionaire, especially since I suck at marketing myself, my hope is that the book will net me a few extra bucks per month for a month or two. (Many books experience a burst of sales at the beginning, then rapidly trail off.) Wish me luck; the book isn't due out until much later this year. Hopefully, homeschooling will still be a thing, at that point, and not merely a forgotten flavor of the week.



No comments: