Saturday, January 15, 2022

now that I've wasted most of my Saturday

I'm feeling like a fat, lazy slob right now. Didn't go walking; I'll go tomorrow morning, when it's sunny out. Haven't done anything but lie in bed. I hear two voices in my head as a result: first is the voice of Morrie Schwartz from Tuesdays with Morrie, intoning his aphorism, When you're in bed, you're dead. Second is the voice of my mother, a typical up-and-at-'em Korean who can't stand to see people just lazing around when there are Things To Be Done. Sleeping your life away, I hear her say while shaking her head in disgust. 

Well, for what it's worth, I'm up, now.

I ought to zip out to SSG Food Mart and Costco to test out whether the vaccine-pass thing really is in place for both stores. If Costco lets me in, I actually need to buy two more folding chairs. The mere act of traveling around town for these "quick" trips will cost me a couple hours. Next, I need to finish prepping the shepherd's-pie ingredients for Monday's meal—peel, boil, and mash my potatoes, cube up and cook my carrots, quick-boil my peas, shred a mess of cheese, then store everything for tomorrow, when I'll put the pie together and bake it early enough to let it cool overnight and be a nice, solid, congealed lump of tastiness that I can then bring into the office on Monday. I've also got to take the remnants of my previous desk down to the drop-off site in the B1 level of my building, and I want to do some of the smaller cleaning projects on my massive list of 2022 projects: clean my two electric fans and clean my bathroom fan. So there's plenty to do today, and I can spend tomorrow finishing the shepherd's pie, walking, and doing my weekly laundry ritual.

Better get my ass moving, then. Food doesn't prep itself.



No comments: