Sunday, September 17, 2023

sweet, spicy, cockless

The OG sriracha:

Huy Fong Foods Tuong Ot Sriracha

Everyone knows the most popular brand of sriracha (pronounced "SEE-rah-cha" or "suh-RAH-cha," not "SREE/SHREE-rah-cha") is from Huy Fong Foods, based in California. It's the one with the massive cock on the front. For many Americans, if your hot sauce doesn't come with a big, fat cock, it's not the real thing, so Americans are mindful about using only the proper cock sauce when spicing things up.

The grocery in my building had been selling cock sauce up until a couple of months ago, but they suddenly changed brands (which could have something to do with that awful cock shortage I'd heard about), and I haven't bothered to buy the new stuff since the change, partly because the new stuff has no cock. But I finally bit the bullet and went cockless:

This might work as a suppository.

I sampled the cockless sauce last evening. It's a hell of a lot sweeter than the gold standard of cock sauce, so it's going to take some getting used to. It's also got less of a spicy kick. That said, I wasn't as revolted as I thought I'd be, so I'll use the new stuff until such time as I can once again go back to the cock.



No comments: